Attendance & Check In App Only
Our schools love the attendance feature known as Check In. This secure, digital sign-in feature tracks when children are dropped off and picked up along with who signed them in and out. It is so much easier than a sign-in sheet or clipboard, this feature is useful for managing billing hours and tracking attendance for licensing requirements.
Check In also allows Admins to keep & download attendance Reports and helps to indicate Ratios. It also replaces the need to collect signatures by using our 4 digit Check In codes. Check In can only be accessed from the Mobile App. (Not a desktop computer) Download the app here.
Instructions: How to Use the Check-in Feature
Currently, the check in process happens on the App from the Teacher’s device. Each school operates a bit differently, here are three ways you can set up Check In:
1. Teacher Checking In Students on the teacher's device
- On the bottom right, selects the Check In icon
- Taps the Student to check them in.
- Later, taps them again to check them out
2. Parents Checking In Students on the school's device
First, Teacher leaves app open on a device like a tablet or phone at the front of the classroom or front desk. For set up, the Teacher:
- Selects Check In on the bottom right,
- Selects Settings icon on the top right
- Enables Check In Codes
- Selects the Lock Icon on the top right (prevents parents from navigating away).
Second, Parents will
- Approach device on Check In/Check Out
- Select their child’s picture
- Enter their 4 Digit Check In Code.
3. Premium Quick Scan: Parents Checking in Students from the parent's device
Parents can check in their child leveraging their own mobile devices by scanning their app over a QR code on your school devices.
See full description and directions for Quick Scan setup.
Setting Up Check In Codes
Some states require parent signatures as part of their licensing standards, a Check-In code is the digital equivalent. Check with your local licensing authority on this subject.
Both teachers and parents have a randomized 4 Digit check in code. You are able to re-set that code to something you will remember.
Set your code:
- Select Menu on the top left
- Select Profile (for teachers) or Settings (Parents)
- Scroll to the bottom to find Change Check In Code
Note: Parents will be assigned randomized Check In code that they can edit from their account. Teachers can look up a parent’s check in code on Web version under Parents.
Teachers can enable this Check In Code option on the "settings" icon on the Check In screen.
Brightwheel aggregates all your classroom data from Attendance to Daily Activities into Reports. The Check In Report contains the following information and can be downloaded for any date range.
- Time In
- Time Out
- Hours Checked In
- Signed by
Note: See Example. We recommend filtering in the downloaded excel file to collect information for a particular child.