Messaging App only
Brightwheel was created to streamline your parent communication. We have many updates to come around parent messaging. All messages are sent through the app and we do not use email.
In the future we hope to enable opportunities for newsletters and more two- way communication. In addition to messaging, brightwheel is best at Daily Reports.
Parents can send a short message with a character limit to teachers, here's how:
- Click the Child’s Profile
- Click Message icon under the child's profile picture
- Click the Message icon in the top right corner
- Select General, Late Drop Off, Late Pick Up, Early Pick Up, Not Coming in Today
- Add a note and send
For [daily updates], we still recommend using the [notes] feature. However, if you would like to send a message, alert, or reminder to your class parents (or individual parents), you can use the messaging feature.
Teachers will receive the parent limited message and will notice a small “red dot” on the message bubble.
Teachers can send messages, here's how:
- Click the Message icon (bottom left)
- Select the Edit Message icon (top right)
- Choose the students of whose parents you would like to message
- Select Message, Alert, or Reminder
Type the message and send. Parents will receive the message in their inbox on the App. They will need the App to access these messages.
- Parents can not directly respond to your message.
- Since we don't offer an email option, some teachers use the photos and notes features to send out shorter weekly newsletters.